Saturday, March 19, 2005

huzzah! (thanks for that one amo!)

If I was a rich girl (na na na na na na na na na na na na na na naaaa)
Think what that money could bring
I’d buy everything!!!
-Gwen Stefani

Aah sweet retail therapy. Not that I really bought very much cos it is all very expensive, and more so because of the exchange rate (why is there not a universal currency? I think there should be.) anyway, I bought a new pair of jeans and a new top, but boy, if I had more money, and probably also if the shops hadn’t closed for lunch, then I would have bought everything! I love shopping and it is so good here cos it is all new and different for me. not like going to shopping fair where everything is pretty much the same every time you go. And there were some markets on this morning but we kind of missed them cos we were there a bit late in the day, but maybe next week we will go, which will be good cos markets are fun. Yay. I love shopping :)

I am feeling excellent today actually. Amazing what spending money can do for you. But it isn’t just that, it is also because it is nearly holidays, the weather is perfect (like a yeppoon winter now, rather than like living in a freezer) and cos I feel soo so sooo much better than I did yesterday. Have had two days off school (including today) and I slept most of them, but yesterday was awful. Have had a bad cold and a bit of a fever early yesterday morning which sucked. So didn’t go to school or the Italian lesson yesterday, (which ended up being cancelled cos maria is sick too and maddy is in berlin so it would have only been nadia) but I did manage to go to the conservatorium. By mid afternoon I was feeling ok and I figured playing the piano would probably make me feel better, or in any case couldn’t hurt, plus I really really really wanted to, so I went and as I had predicted it left me feeling pretty good. Then since I was feeling good, which was probably also due to the panadol I remembered I brought with me, I went to the movies to see ‘Hitch’ with Ely and Eleanora and Elena. It was really really good, although I didn’t actually understand a word of it. I have realised just how difficult it must be for deaf people because trust me, you don’t know how hard it is to lip read until you actually try it for real. The down side of trying to lip read all the english tv shows that are dubbed in Italian and movies and stuff is that I think I often miss the Italian that I might actually understand cos I am always focusing on trying to read their lips. Boy it is hard. I usually can get some basic phrases like ‘I am sorry’ or ‘I love you’ or ‘thank you’ but maybe that is also cos I understand those phrases in Italian too so I guess my brain interprets it both ways. But anyway, despite the fact that I really didn’t understand anything in hitch, I understood most of it, if that makes sense. And maybe I didn’t laugh at all the jokes, but a lot of it is kind of visual comedy so I could laugh at many of them which was good. All in all, despite the fact that I was sniffling and sneezing throughout, I really enjoyed it. And then tonight we are going out for a girls birthday which will be good and thankfully will not be a late night. But I am looking forward to it. Gunna wear my new jeans. Yay. or as amo says 'Huzzah!' hehehe

Well I think that is all. Am going to torino on Monday, hoorah. And then there is a concert at the conservatorium on Wednesday which my musical friends invited me to, so I am really looking forward to that. And Thursday is holidays. Yippee.

amo and ellen w. thanks for your comments. :) school sucks in know, but stick at it, and enjoy it if you can cos you will be suprised how fast it goes by. literally, one day you will wake up and it will be the day after formal and you will think 'woah i am finished school. wow' seriously, you blink and you miss it.

Oh by the way did I mention that the weather is heaps good now. But I am surprised how quickly it has warmed up. I mean it isn’t exactly warm, it is more like a yeppoon winter now, but last week it was still about 4 or 5 degrees in the middle of the day and now it is 16 degrees at 10.30 at night. So I think it will just keep getting warmer from here, which I cant say I am too disappointed about.

Anyway, love you all etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (in manner of yul brenner in king and i)
Love ellen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home